University Studies (BA)
The Bachelor of Arts in University Studies is a flexible liberal arts degree that allows students to engage with our Foundational Core courses and other topics of interest. The Bachelor of Arts in University Studies offers three concentrations: Business Administration, Education, and Psychology. Any approved concentration from another degree program or any minor will also allow a student to complete the University Studies degree without a concentration.
The approved University Studies concentrations (i.e., Business Administration, Education and Psychology) include core courses that mirror OCU’s bachelor’s degrees in those areas but provide space for additional exploration in liberal arts and science courses.
The Bachelor of Arts in University Studies consists of the Foundational Core for bachelor’s programs of forty-one (41) semester hours and at least thirty (30) semester hours at the 300 and 400 level. The total number of credits must reach at least 120 semester hours.
- Undergraduate Majors and Minors
- Computer Science (BS)
- Accounting (AS, Minor)
- Applied Mathematics (BS)
- Biology (BS, Minor)
- Business Administration (AS, BS, Minor)
- Chemistry (Minor)
- Christian Education (Minor)
- Christian Studies (AA, BA)
- Communications (BA, Minor)
- Creative Technologies (BS)
- Creative Writing (Minor)
- Criminal Justice (AS, BS, Minor)
- Early Childhood Education (AA, BA)
- English (BA, Minor)
- Elementary Education (BA)
- Elementary Education & Special Education (BA)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (Minor)
- History (BS, Minor)
- Journalism (Minor)
- Lay Ministry (Minor)
- Operations Management (BAS)
- Pastoral Ministry (Minor)
- Philosophy (Minor)
- Physical Education and Health: All Grade (BS)
- Applied Health & Fitness
- Psychology (BS, Minor)
- Servant Leadership (Minor)
- Special Education, Mild Intervention: All Grade (BA)
- University Studies (AA, BA)
University Studies covers basic courses in communication skills, the humanities, the social sciences, mathematics, and the natural sciences.
Other University Studies Programs
University Studies (AA)
The Associate of Arts (A.A.) in University Studies degree offers a basic core of learning in the field of liberal arts general studies for those students who wish to begin their studies now and intend to pursue professional studies and the bachelor degree at a later date.
The A.A. in University Studies covers basic courses in communication skills, the humanities, the social sciences, mathematics, and the natural sciences.
Administrative Assistant to the VP of Enrollment Management and Chief Diversity Officer