Department and Program Accreditations
- Indiana Department of Education
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), formerly National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- initial teacher preparation programs and advanced educator preparation programs
- Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- SHAPE America-Physical Education, formerly National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)
- Associate of Science, Accounting; Associate of Science, Business Administration; Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (concentrations in accounting, management, human resource management, marketing, criminal justice, sports administration); Master of Business Administration
The Chapman Seminary is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS), and the following degree programs are approved: DMin MDiv.
Academic & Collegiate Associations
The University holds membership in academic and collegiate associations to maintain the integrity of academic protocols and operations.
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- Association of Veterans Education Certifying Officials (AVECO)
- Central Association of College and University Business Officers (CACUBO)
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL)
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- College Placement Council, Inc.
- Conference for Small Private Colleges
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Illinois Association of College Admissions Counselors (IACAC)
- Indiana Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (IACRAO)
- Independent Colleges of Indiana
- Indiana Association of College Admissions Counselors
- Indiana Conference of Higher Education
- Indiana, Midwest, and National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Kentucky Association of College Admissions Counselors (KYACAC)
- North American Coalition of Christian Admissions Professionals (NACCAP)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- National Association for Business Teachers
School of Business Accreditation
The School of Business at Oakland City University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. For a list of accredited programs click https://iacbe.org/memberpdf/OaklandCityUniversity.pdf
The School of Business has demonstrated a commitment to continuous improvement, excellence in business education, and advancing academic quality in its business programs and operations through achieving specialized accreditation.
School of Education Accreditation
Oakland City University School of Education is accredited by the State of Indiana and nationally accredited by CAEP. Individual education programs are all nationally recognized by appropriate Specialized Professional Agencies.