Master of Business Administration
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The purposes of the MBA are multiple
- To establish the mechanisms and means by which workers and, in particular, managers are guided through activities in pursuit of enhancing the foundation skills necessary for productive economic behavior during the next quarter century.
- To establish the opportunities and means by which workers and, in particular, managers may mature and disseminate the competencies necessary for cultivating and preserving a labor force of high quality.
- To accomplish the first two purposes through the creation of an environment which respects and encourages the diversity and uniqueness of both the motivations and the learning styles that adult students bring to the process.
- To assert the primacy of the student’s responsibility for his or her own learning.
- Graduate Studies
- I-Seal Program Partnership
- Building Level Administration
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
- Education Specialist – Certification of Advanced Studies
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Education
- Master of Science – Leadership
- Masters of Science – Strategic Management
- Transition to Teaching
- Business Research Methods
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Management Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Managerial Economics
- International Business Management
- Strategic Management & Operational Planning
- Leadership & Organizational Behavior
Students applying to the MBA program in the School of Business must meet the following prerequisites:
- Complete an OCU graduate application
- Submit official transcripts as evidence of completing a bachelor’s degree (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5) from an accredited institution.
- Submit a resume reflecting two (2) years of documented managerial, leadership or military experience.
- Students whose undergraduate coursework does not include accounting, finance, and statistics are encouraged to complete college level course work in these subjects prior to admission or complete the Peregrine Leveling courses in these three subjects here.
Admission with Conditions
The School of Business may admit with conditions an applicant who does not meet general graduate program requirements.
Admission with conditions status will be removed after candidates successfully complete the first six (6) graduate hours with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or above.
The School of Business reserves the right to dismiss a student not making satisfactory progress towards a degree at the of any payment period in which minimum academic standards are not met.
Meeting graduation requirements is each student’s responsibility. Each student who is a candidate for a degree must meet the specific program requirements including an overall minimum grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
All students must apply for graduation when registering for courses in their last payment period. Apply for graduation online here.
Complete program information, including locations, dates, fees, admissions criteria, and course and program descriptions can be obtained directly from the School of Business.
I really enjoyed my MBA class! Instructor was proactive, encouraging and knowledgeable about the subject matter. Instructor led the class with prayer and provided a spiritual foundation with the classroom teaching. I could not have been more pleased with the experience. The class was fun to learn and inspired us to do our best
Administrative Assistant to the VP of Enrollment Management and Chief Diversity Officer