Master of Pastoral Leadership
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Church History
- Christian Theology
- Leadership in Contemporary Culture
- Service through Spiritual Formation
- Servant Leadership in Church Administration
- Servant Leader as Preacher
- Ministry Practicum
- Essay Writing
Requirements for unconditional admission to the Master of Theological Studies or the Master of Divinity program are as follows:
- A formal application for admission submitted to the Admissions Office together with the application fee.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- An overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 based on a 4.0 scale, or a 2.75 average in the undergraduate major field.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from persons qualified to judge aptitude and ability for graduate work; one recommendation may come from the faculty of the Chapman Seminary.
- Submission of official transcripts of all undergraduate credits and any graduate credits earned.
- A formal statement of reasons for applying, making clear the motivation for entering the Seminary.
Graduation Requirements for the Master of Pastoral Leadership
The completion of thirty-six (36) semester hours, with a minimum grade point average of B on a 4.0 scale, is necessary to receive the M.A.P.L. degree. Of the 36 hours, 30 hours are core (mandatory) courses required of all students and 6 hours of courses dedicated to the completion of a capstone project.