Students Studying in classroom
Ways to Give

Ways to Give

Oakland City University is preparing servant leaders and you can help. Nearly 11,000 OCU alumni serve all over the world today — in education, ministry, business, science, and the arts.

As costs increase, Oakland City University works hard to keep education affordable for students. One way is through the support of people like you. Join us in making an OCU education financially attainable for students who want to make a difference in the world.

For your convenience, there are a number of options for making your gift of financial support to OCU:

  • Cash gifts
  • Appreciated assets: stocks, bonds, mutual funds
  • Will designation or bequest
  • Planned gifts through annuities
  • Gift of life insurance
  • Matching gifts from employer
  • Real estate
  • In-kind gifts of personal property

Contact the Advancement Office at 812-749-1228 or give online today.

Give Online

Tax Credit for Indiana Residents

The State of Indiana will give individuals, through a tax credit, 50¢ on each dollar given to Oakland City University, not to exceed $200. This means that a $400 gift to OCU yields a $200 tax credit; a $200 gift yields a $100 credit; a $100 gift yields a $50 credit, and so on. In other words, you will be reimbursed half your gift by the state of Indiana up to $200 if filing jointly and up to $100 if filing single. The tax credit is applied directly against the “bottom line” of your state tax return, either reducing the amount of taxes owed or providing a refund on taxes paid.

Additionally, the corporation’s credit is equal to 50 percent of the total amount given during the tax year. However, the credit may not exceed the lesser of: a) 10 percent of the corporation’s adjusted gross income tax liability, or b) $1,000.

To take advantage of this opportunity, you must use the Indiana Department of Revenue Schedule CC-40 when filing your state income tax return. After clicking on the link, you will need to go to the last section on the page under “Other Individual Forms/Schedules” and choose the first option: CC-40 Indiana College Credit.  As we always advise, please consult a tax professional as to your personal circumstances.