Student, Parent, and Counselor having a meeting
Get Information

Student and Parent Information

Do I need to do anything about FERPA after I graduate from high school?

Once high school students graduate and enroll in a postsecondary institution (i.e., a college or university), students can designate specific persons to whom they would like to grant access to their FERPA or education record information. Students must complete OCU’s FERPA Release Form in order to authorize Oakland City University to release any information concerning their student file, student account, financial aid received/pending, or loans that have been/will be distributed to them, to a specific list of people.  

In the case of dual credit students, who technically enroll in both secondary and post-secondary institution simultaneously, FERPA dictates the “the two schools may exchange information on that student. If the student is under 18, the parents still retain the rights under FERPA at the high school and may inspect and review any records sent by the postsecondary institution to the high school.” (FERPA FAQs#7, U.S. Dept. of Education;

OCU has established its own FERPA policy in accordance with federal guidelines. 

By Mail 

Complete a Transcript Request Form and send payment to OCU’s Registrar.  For more information about requesting transcripts by mail, including a downloadable Transcript Request Form, payment and address information.  Electronic transcripts cannot be ordered by mail.

Transcript requests may be mailed to the registrar at the contact information below:

Oakland City University
138 North Lucretia Street
Oakland City, IN 47660-1038


Transcript orders can be placed anytime. When ordering online, payment must be made with a valid credit or debit card. Orders for electronic transcripts must include the email address for the person/department who is to receive the transcript. These are official transcripts. Click here to order your transcript online.

In order to make sure that requested transcripts contain grades for all dual credit courses, parents and students should specify that they would like the transcript requested be placed on hold until all grades have been posted.  For additional questions or concerns, please contact OCU’s Registrar ( or Dual Credit Coordinator (

The best way to ensure that dual credit courses can successfully transfer to a particular institution is the check with the receiving institution’s Registrar about course equivalencies and requirement for specific degree.