International Students Admission Requirements
Oakland City University International Admissions Requirements
The following is a list of all the information we need to process your application. You can find the complete application on our website. From here you can download the pages that are required and that need your signature, or you are now able to fill out the necessary paperwork online and submit it along with your application fee. The items listed below are needed for acceptance and to complete your file. Once you have all the items please mail to the address listed below.
- Admissions Application
- Application Fee of $50.00 (This has to be sent in American currency)**
- Confirmation Fee of $100.00 (This has to be sent in American currency)**
- Housing deposit of $100.00 (This has to be sent in American currency)**
- International Student Emergency and Health Insurance Information
- High School transcript original-Translated into English and converted into a 4.0 grading system. This must be done by an official organization such as WES (World Education Services) There is a fee for this but we will not accept any transcripts without the conversion by an authorized organization or person.
- High School graduation certificate (copy)-Translated into English
- College transcripts (if applicable)-Translated into English
- TOEFL scores for non-English speaking countries/ACT or SAT for English speaking countries. There are requirements for each section of TOEFL/SAT/ACT tests.
- Housing Application
- Documentation of financial support. This has to be a bank statement for the past 3 months of the current year until now, converted into American currency (your bank can help you with this)
TOEFL Requirements for Students from Non-English Speaking Countries
For the students from non English speaking countries you will have to take the TOEFL. You will need a minimum score of 500 (paper based), 200 (computer based) or a minimum of 70 on the IBT and 6.5 on the IELTS. The minimum SAT is 1250 and the minimum ACT is 19. (Please
check the website for the exact breakdown of the required section scoring of these tests).The official website for TOEFL is http://www.toefl.org High school graduates must have a minimum GPA of a 2.5 based on a 4.0 GPA grading scale. When we have received all of the required documents and you have been officially accepted then we will issue the I-20 form for acquiring a VISA. We may be contacted at the address listed below:
**These fees have to be paid in American currency. We will accept Credit Card (the preferred method of payment) or American Express Money Orders. Please do not send checks without contacting us first. No drafts (checks) will be returned!
There Are No Upcoming Events Available. Please check back soon.