Skip Navigation

Changes to the GoArmy Process for Military Students

June 21, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Beginning July 1, 2012 we will be changing from being fully integrated with GoArmy.  What this means to you is that you will have to speak with your Army Education Counselor to request a degree plan change and that Oakland City University is selected as your “Home School” under the Non-LOI listing.  Your degree plan will also have to be re-uploaded but I will try to take care of that for you. 

After those changes are made the most critical change for you will be how you request your tuition assistance.  Beginning July 1, 2012 the process for requesting TA will be different than the previous process you used in GoArmy.  When you select the “Request TA” link you will no longer search for your classes.  Instead, you will complete a Tuition Assistance Request online.   When your TA request has been approved you will be able to print out an approved TA Authorization Form.  Please send me a copy of the approved Authorization Form immediately so that I can invoice for you.  This form can be mailed, faxed to 812-749-1360, or emailed to  GoArmy will be sending you a communication regarding these changes and how you can access them on July 1, 2012.

Beginning July 1, 2012 all tuition assistance will be requested in the above manner.  However, all classes for the Summer 2012 semester have already been entered into GoArmy with the current set-up (including courses that start after July 1, 2012).  For convenience, it would be in your best interest to go into GoArmy before July 1st and request TA for all of you Summer 2012 courses.  Then you can start new with the Fall 2012 semester with this change in requesting TA.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Anita at  This is a new system for Oakland City University as well so hopefully together we can make the transition a smooth one.

Forms  |  Site Map  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy