OCU Job Openings
Current Employment Opportunities
To apply for any of the career opportunities at Oakland City University, please complete an employment application. Please feel free to contact our Human Resources Department with questions regarding any of our open positions.
Status: Full Time - 12 month position
Qualifications: Doctorate preferred in a higher education degree with emphases in Special Education. licensed in Special Ed. Teaching and experience with Special Education SPA also preferred. Good organizational skills and excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Posted: July 23, 2014
Administrative Assistant - Chapman Seminary and School of Religious Studies
Status: Full-time, 12 months
Qualifications: B.S. in Business, preferred; High School Diploma, minimum. High degree of proficiency in office procedures, typing, and machines. Professional tact, diplomacy, and presentation with administrators, staff, faculty, students, parents, and the community. Receptionist responsibilities.
General Description: Serves as Administrative Assistant / Receptionist to the Department supervisor, handles essential reports, memos, and other information pertinent information as it relates to the department.
- Maintains respect at all times for confidential information.
- Performs required duties; answering the telephone expediting questions and requests in a courteous, tactful, prompt, and correct manner; greeting visitors.
- Types, maintains, and distributes accurate memos as directed.
- Effectively operates various office equipment.
- Prepares and maintains files
- Maintains an appointment/meeting calendar and travel schedule for the Department supervisor when requested.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly reports.
- Types interoffice and other publications as assigned.
- Process incoming mail, sorting, opening as directed, and distribution to staff as needed.
- Assists in maintaining general office filing system.
- Assists with reports as requested.
- Completes reports as required by state and federal agencies along with those from accrediting bodies.
- Oversees selected projects that may be required depending on department.
Posted: September 22, 2014
Program Assistant - Student Support Services
Status: Part-time, 20 hrs/week
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree preferred, Associate's degree required, in a field of study related to the objectives of the OCU SSS project. Any field of study is acceptable for this position.
Posted: September 18, 2014
Qualifications: Experience a plus, but will train.
Posted: September 05, 2014
Status: Part Time
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master degree preferred. A proven record of integrity and high principles with demonstrated skills in developing and motivating student/athletes academically and athletically. Must be knowledgeable of NCAA and Oakland City University policies, rules, and guidelines and be committed to upholding those policies, rules and guidelines. Good organizational skills and excellent written and oral communication skills required.
Posted: July 17, 2014
Status: Full Time
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree minimum; Masters Degree preferred; Area of specialized training or experience; Demonstrates a sincere desire to aid all students; Indiana teacher's license required.
General Description: Help students to learn subject matter which will lead toward fulfillment of their potential intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth. Directs, assesses, and evaluates the learning experiences of the students along with the assessing the effectiveness of academic area/s in which he/she is employed to teach. The candidate will prepare students to pass the High School Equivalency Test.
Ending Date of Acceptance: Until Filled
Posted: August 01, 2014
No openings at this time.