Chaplain - Evansville State Hospital
Preferred experience: Graduation from an accredited theological school with a Master’s of Divinity degree or completion of a graduate training program in Theology; Pastoral Ministry; Religious Studies; or a Comparative Religions accredited by the Association of Theological Schools required. Ordination as a minister, priest, rabbi or commission to function in a ministry of pastoral care by an appropriate religious authority or ecclesiastical endorsement (written acknowledgement) by a faith group/denomination.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in a social/behavioral science that includes a minimum of twenty (20) semester hours of coursework in Pastoral Psychology/Pastoral Counseling. (transcripts must accompany application). Ordination as a minister, priest, rabbi or commission to function in a ministry of pastoral care by an appropriate religious authority or ecclesiastical endorsement (written acknowledgement) by a faith group/denomination.
Experience equal to six (6) years of work as an Institutional Chaplain, licensed or ordained minister, or other credential pastoral/ministerial position or ecclesiastical endorsement (written acknowledgement) by a faith group/denomination.
NOTE: Proof of ordination, endorsement and/or credentials must accompany application. Certain position within the Family & Social Services Administration (FSSA) may require a Master of Divinity.
For full job description, salary expectations, and to apply click the link below.
Part-Time Children’s/Youth Director - First Christian Church of Vincennes
15 to 20 hours per week (weekends), report weekly to the Interim/Senior Minister
This temporary position would begin as soon as a qualified person is found and background checks completed. It may or may not continue through the school year depending on the congregations’ calling of a Senior Minister. The job description and the position will be reviewed every three months to determine if the congregation’s ministry with and to youth is being adequately filled. Applications for the position may be found on our fccvin.com website or picked up in the church office. Compensation will be based on experience and education.
Children’s Ministry Responsibilities:
- Work with the Christian Educational Chairperson
- Plan, prepare & lead Children’s Church for 5 to 10 year olds during Sunday Morning Worship 10am
- Help plan, publicize and lead one monthly activity for 4 to 10 year olds
- Write short articles regarding children’s ministry for the bi-monthly newsletter
- Send out birthday cards and publicity as needed
Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and lead middle and high school youth activities
- This includes Regular Sunday evenings currently 5 to 6:30pm Mid/Hi school
- Service projects, trips. Regional events for youth
- Special programs & outings -(admission cost for director will be paid)
- Recruit parents & other adults in the church to volunteer for regular meetings and special events.
- Write short articles re youth events for the by monthly newsletter
- Send out special notices to youth & parents
- Help provide and/or recruit transportation to and from events – mileage will be covered
- Keep a current list of all children & youth – including addresses, etc
- Report weekly to Amy the number in attendance at each event
- Attend Mission Council Meetings (Oct, Dec. Feb) 3rd Sunday of the month 7 to 9 pm
- Attend school events of youth as time permits– sports, plays, etc on weekends
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior MinisterFirst Christian Church of Vincennes
TO APPLY: Applications for the position may be found on our fccvin.com website or picked up in the church office.
(Disciples of Christ)
319 Broadway St.
P.O. Box 978
Vincennes, IN 47591
Youth Leader - Deer Creek Baptist Church
Tell City, Indiana
Purpose: To establish Christ‐centered relationships leading toward salvation and nurturing the faith development of our youth and to reach out to the young people in our community
- Must be a devoted follower of Christ.
- Must demonstrate love for youth and their families.
- Must be a good role model in all aspects of life.
- Must maintain confidentiality unless safety is an issue.
- Must be flexible and an excellent team player.
- Must be able to communicate well.
- Must undergo a background check.
Duties (not limited to but including):
- Oversee and/or teach Sunday Night and Wednesday Night Youth Bible Study and Activities
- Collaborate with the Education Board and other church leadership in planning and scheduling youth activities.
- Care for current youth and reach out to new youth and their families on a regular basis through contacts and personal relationships.
- Encourage youth to participate in camps, mission trips, and other opportunities for Christian growth and development.
- Encourage parents in the need for them to play a vital role in their youth’s faith development.
- Provide an environment where youth can grow in their personal relationship with Jesus, helping ensure their safety – physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Collaborate with the Education Board in choosing educational curriculum for the Youth Ministry.
- Reports to Education Board
- Collaborate with the Education Board annually to reexamine the Youth Leader position to determine if needs have changed.
Stipend and Benefits:
- Part-time Position: Approximately 15 - 20 hours per week - $6,000 (plus housing)
- Vacation/Sick Time: Expected to be present 50 weeks per year.
Contact 812-774-6261 if interested
Mt. Pleasant General Baptist Church - Preacher
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
Interested applicants contact Nancy Knight firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Choir Director - Christ United Methodist Church
Must have a passion for music and a heart for Christ
For more information, contact Pastor Ken Wells at 812-254-3864