Internships & Temporary Positions
The Career Services office works with students and employers to create a quality internship program that provides value for both parties.
Several academic programs at OCU require students to complete an internship in their field of study. Students in these programs can work with Career Services to find a worthwhile internship that is designed to best equip them for full-time professional employment. In addition, Career Services maintains strong relationships with community employers to determine their needs for student interns.
Employers: Want to collaborate with Oakland City University Career Services Department to hire an Intern? Internships are mutually beneficial to employers and students in many ways.
- Interns can complete project work that may be on the backburner.
- Internships can provide your company with access to high performing students with initiative and a "can do" attitude.
- An Intern brings fresh, innovative perspectives to an organization.
By hosting an Intern, you’ll provide a student with a rich learning experience. Interns complete tasks that normally consume the time of your full-time staff.
Want to learn more about hosting an intern or developing an internship program?
The OCU Career Services staff is here to make the internship process easy and convenient for businesses and students: Contact us today to learn more and begin the process.
Phone: 812-749-1394 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students: Click here to view links to websites helpful in the search for an internship.
Contact Center Agents - Touch of Class
Position is part-time with day, evening, weekend, and holiday scheduling required. Typing and computer skills are necessary.
Touch of Class, a leading catalog retailer specializing in home decorating, has openings for Contact Center Agents. Contact Center Agents work in an inbound call center accepting calls and assisting our customers in selecting and ordering merchandise from our catalog and website.
How to Apply:
Apply in person at: 709 W. 12th St. Administrative Entrance #1Huntingburg, IN email@example.comEOE
Multimedia Services Student Internships - College of DuPage-Multimedia Services
Glen Ellyn, IL
MULTIMEDIA SERVICES INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
- You must meet these requirements to be considered for an internship.
- Most of your major production courses must be completed.
- You must be a final semester junior or senior in good academic standing.
- To help us get an overall perspective of your internship potential you must supply the following information regarding your academic and vocational background.
- A current cover letter and resume detailing your experience and proficiencies, preferably attached as a Microsoft Word document, may either substitute for or supplement your application.
- A letter from your advisor or Internship coordinator confirming your current status.
- A letter of recommendation from a communications faculty member.
- INTERNSHIP 1: ASSISTANT PRODUCER: The intern will be responsible for the arranging of studio time, scheduling and assisting interviews, writing segments, coordinating crew and equipment for shoots and assisting in the production and editing of original programming. The intern should have a general knowledge of the entire production process with a background in script writing, interviewing techniques, the principles of editing and be conscious of scheduling and budgeting.
- INTERNSHIP 2: ASSISTANT VIDEO EDITOR/VID EOGRAPHER: The intern will be responsible for lighting and shooting interview and b-roll segments in the studio and on location, logging and digitizing media and video editing. The intern should have knowledge of digital video cameras, lighting techniques and the principles of post-production. Knowledge of the Final Cut editing system is helpful.
- INTERNSHIP 3: ELECTRONIC MEDIA/GRAPHICS: The intern will be responsible for creating graphics for video and the web, managing podcast content and media capture and encoding. The intern should have a background or interest in graphic design, web design, computer animation and new media software.
- INTERNSHIP 4: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT: This intern position is a generalist position, one of the most vital positions in any film or TV shoot are the grips and assistants on-set. This intern position is right for someone who plans to specialize in on-set work. The right candidate will have a basic knowledge of lighting, au dio, production safety and camera support. You will assist in equipment setup and striking locations both in studio and on location.
Intern-Graphic Design -National Office Furniture
• Creative and skilled at layout and design understanding readability, information organization and visual communication concepts.
• Understanding of print and web production with ability to prepare files accurately.
• Working knowledge of software applications including the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat Professional), QuarkXPress and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
• Currently pursuing a degree in Graphic Design.
• Provide graphic design support by producing marketing/sales materials from directed concepts and goals to completion, including brochures, catalogs, flyers, sell sheets, ads, postcards, invitations, hang tags, packaging, newsletters, environmental graphics, branded apparel/merchandise, PowerPoint and multimedia presentations, along with projects to support online and digital media.
• Provide graphic design support by turning around "jumpers", special, short-lead time graphic requests.
• Provide graphic design support for any other miscellaneous design requests.
• Support the digital alteration/retouching of photos/images as needed including changing color and adding/removing elements.
• Modify existing line art, create logos, develop illustrations, graphs, charts and other artwork to support a variety of projects.
• Maintain a running archive of all "current work".
• Understand the information at hand and the workings of the company at large to create logical, intelligent and relevant designs that visually communicate the information while consistently representing the brand.rnrnrnBenefits for the Graphic Design Intern.
• Opportunity to get practical experience in a field and gain valuable work experience before graduation.
• Develop new skills and refine others.
• Apply knowledge gained from coursework to on-the-job situations.
• Reality-test possible career paths/choices, an opportunity to see what their future could be like.
• Experience new work environments.
• Great opportunity to meet new people, make new connections, networking.
• Establish contacts for letters of reference and networking.
• Earn money for tuition and expenses.
How to Apply:
Please apply on-line at WWW.NationalOfficeFurniture.com/Careers
Various Media/Journalism Positions - Eugene S. Pulliam Internship
Students should know:
· Each of the 10 internships runs 10 weeks at an Indiana daily or nondaily newspaper during the summer of 2014.
· Interns will be paid $330 per 40-hour week for a total of $3,300.
· Opportunities include news reporting, photography/multimedia, graphic design, online or other related jobs.
· Undergraduates with at least one term of course work remaining after completion of the internship may apply.
· Only residents of Indiana or in-state college or university attendees may apply.
· Applicants must submit four additional components by mail to be eligible for consideration – and the Foundation adheres strictly to the 5 p.m. deadline for complete applications due to the selection committee meeting the following week.
· Please mail hardcopy elements to Eugene S. Pulliam Internships, HSPA Foundation, 41 E. Washington St., Suite 301, Indianapolis, IN 46204.
Qualified students may complete the application form only online at:
Direct questions to Karen T. Braeckel, HSPA Foundation director. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (317) 624-4426.
The Borgen Project - Political Affairs Intern
Anywhere in US - telecommute
Outstanding writing skills. Self-starter who can produce great results with limited supervision. Strong oral communication skills and ability to lead meetings and give speeches.
This is a part-time 12-hours per week telecommuting internship. The internship is 4-months and responsible for leading public and political outreach in the state and district assigned to. Must be available Monday’s 4:30-6:00 PM PST for The Borgen Project’s national conference call.
- Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
- Represent The Borgen Project at various business, political and community events.
- Assist with fundraising.
- Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
- As needed, speak to groups, classes and organizations.
- Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media and other groups.
How to Apply:
To Apply: To be considered for the Political Affairs Internship opening, please email your resume to email@example.com.
1/31/2014, Deadline March 31
Summer Service 2014 Internship – Good Works, Inc.
June 8th-August 9th
Not sure what you are doing this summer? Consider a 9-week PAID internship focused no discipleship and leadership development in the context of Christian community. Interns lead youth and adults in relational service with: people without homes, older adults needing physical assistance and support, and children and teens experiencing the risks associated with poverty.
The Good Works community has been providing internship experiences for 19 years. This summer we plan to hire 6 to 8 interns who will live in Christian community and….
Oversee the relational discipleship of teens and adults who are participating in short-term mission experiences with Good Works.
Grow in a deeper relationship with Christ as you serve with over a hundred youth and adults who visit Good works from states such as Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, New York, and Illinois.
Provide leadership for our every day Summer Kids’ Discovery Club and community meal provided to children and adults in the Athens area.
Lead our short-term mission teams (called Work Retreats) in practical service, including repairs and small construction, at the homes of seniors or people with disabilities.
Participate in relational service with people without homes who live in our shelter, the Timothy House. See a model of ministry based on hospitality!
Mentor local youth ages 14 to 17 through our Teen Agricultural Internship focused on service, character development, and learning how to grow healthy food.
Work alongside our friends who are struggling with poverty as they participate in service and earn “points” to obtain cars, appliances and food through our Transformation Station.
Participate in Friday Night Life, our weekly community meal, which is followed by health education, Kids’ Club, live music, bible studies, gardening and other community building activities.
Experience leadership development as you interact with the good Works staff on issues of discipleship, Appalachian culture, ministry with people in poverty, community, and justice in weekly discussions.
Applicants must be at least 20 years old or have completed one year of college. Good Works provides housing, most of your food and a $1500 stipend. Interns can also raise additional funds.
The Next Steps (Applying)
Visit our website (www.good-works.net) and explore Good Works. Pay special attention to the section on Internships, and take time to read “A Christian Worldview.”
Request an application through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be completed by March 31st. Interviews are held on site in Athens in April.
Other Internship Opportunities
Good Works also offers a yearlong residential internship with a stipend called Appalachian Immersion for people 18 years or older. Interns live together in the Good Works Hannah House and are immersed into the many different outreach initiatives of Good Works. In addition, Good Works offers a one-week internship (especially during the summer), called Week of Service, for anyone 16 years or older. For more information, visit our website and click on “Internships.”