Internships & Temporary Positions
The Career Services office works with students and employers to create a quality internship program that provides value for both parties.
Several academic programs at OCU require students to complete an internship in their field of study. Students in these programs can work with Career Services to find a worthwhile internship that is designed to best equip them for full-time professional employment. In addition, Career Services maintains strong relationships with community employers to determine their needs for student interns.
Employers: Want to collaborate with Oakland City University Career Services Department to hire an Intern? Internships are mutually beneficial to employers and students in many ways.
- Interns can complete project work that may be on the backburner.
- Internships can provide your company with access to high performing students with initiative and a "can do" attitude.
- An Intern brings fresh, innovative perspectives to an organization.
By hosting an Intern, you’ll provide a student with a rich learning experience. Interns complete tasks that normally consume the time of your full-time staff.
Want to learn more about hosting an intern or developing an internship program?
The OCU Career Services staff is here to make the internship process easy and convenient for businesses and students: Contact us today to learn more and begin the process.
Phone: 812-749-1394 or email: email@example.com
Students: Click here to view links to websites helpful in the search for an internship.
Operations Internship - Stengroup
Required Skills in Assisting Daily Operations
- Microsoft Office-Mandatory
- Autodesk AutoCAD-Mandatory
- Google Drive
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Multitasking skills
- Enjoy a fast paced environment
- Must pass all background checks required by school corporations
Find out more about us at: www.stengroup.com
This position could be offered from a couple of hours a day to full-time in the summer based on the work needs of our business and the student.
Please send resumes to:
Attn: Scott Stenftenagel
Evansville Rescue Mission
Searching for an interested individual that will contribute to the ERM by using their skills, creativity, and passions to help change lives.
If you are interested in the area of compassionate ministries, pastoring and/or teaching, the Evansville Rescue Mission invites you to join us for an internship that will challenge and inspire you. The ERM affords the opportunity of a hands on approach to ministry that is unique, challenging and rewarding. At The Evansville Rescue Mission, our first priority is to serve our clients in a Christ honoring and graceful manner. We know the value of investing in passionate, talented people who will continue to serve others, living out the Rescue Mission's call, into the future.
- Pastoral Ministries
- Psychology – Specializing in addiction counseling
- Social Sciences
QUALIFICATIONS / DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on grace, truth, love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring residents and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving and compassionate relationships with guests, residents and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, residents and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Evansville Rescue Mission.
- Preaching/teaching in chapel when needed.
- Assist in teaching program related classes:
- PACES 1, PACES 2, PACES 3
- Addiction Recovery Classes
- Life Skills
- Administrative / Office Duties - General (as directed by: Executive Director)
- Pastoral Care
- Directing communication to relevant departments regarding events, meetings and other related functions.
- Enrich the lives of those we serve, and those who are serving.
- Call out and develop each individual's unique passions and skills.
- Foster understanding of the diverse needs in our community.
- Provide insight into working for a non-profit organization.
- Gain an edge in today's competitive job field through hands on experience.
- Develop strong skills in communication, cooperation, and persevering service.
PROGRAM GOALS - Our programming is designed to meet the following needs in residents of the Evansville Rescue Mission:
- The need for a life change
- To help with recovery from addiction
- The need for secure and stable living
- The need for increased spirituality and proper ways to study the Bible
- To develop a sense of responsibility
- To improve various aspects of their lives
- To develop a sense of inner peace
To Apply If you are interested please stop by Career Services at OCU or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get an application for this position
Accounting Intern - Brake Supply Company, Inc.
- Scan Accounts Payable Invoices
- Verify scanned documents
- Audit Expense Reports
- Update Fright Expense tracking file
- Assist Accounting Staff with other duties
We’re looking for a student who’s dependable and has a pleasant personality. We have a pretty relaxed atmosphere here, and everyone gets along well together. Salary will be $9.50 per hour. We’d like the student to work at least 15 hours per week, and up to 25 depending upon their class schedule.
Interested applicants may apply by contacting Barry Heichelbech, Accounting Controller at email@example.com or (812) 452-3839