Executive Director/CEO - Evansville Dream Center
Reports to: Dream Center Board of Directors
Job Type/ Classification: Full Time/Salaried/Exempt, $45,000 - $50,000 range
Position Summary: The CEO will be responsible to the Board of Directors and be a partnered leader with the board and empower through leadership to inspire the board and staff.
The ED/CEO will be the visionary thought leader for Dream Center supporting the growth and competencies of the Dream Center Board, Staff and to successfully fulfill the Dream Center Mission and achieve the Dream Center Vision.
The CEO will be responsible for issues pertaining to mobilizing, inspiring and developing all constituents, board, staff, donors and volunteers in supporting Dream Center’s goals.
The CEO will be an experienced leader in donor development, investor relationships, fund development and sustainability, board development, budget and financial management, program management, personnel supervision, marketing and public relations and have an entrepreneurial and visionary mindset.
Principal Responsibilities: ED/CEO will focus on Dream Centers Mission, Vision, and Goals:
- Implementation of a Sustainability (Fundraising) Plan: Through donor development, investor relationships, development of a fundraising plan and grant development. The ability to comprehend, manage and implement a comprehensive donor development and fundraising plan and philosophy will be a lynch pin of future growth and sustainability and will need to be able to lead board and overall process to ensure mastery in this area.
- Board Development Leadership: Provide peer leadership and partnership with a leadership board. The ability of the internal executive leader to be a partner with the board and have the ability to not only manage, but empower through leadership, training and inspiration for the board to lead beyond themselves. Ability to see the board as one of the most valuable assets of the organization and invest and empower the board as an asset. Ability to manage volunteer board relationships, board leadership and fund development training, facilitate meetings and lead as a partner will be critical.
- Management and General Administration: Manage staff, develop volunteers, and empower staff and volunteer leadership. Manage general administration of the organization, align operations behind the vision. Possess awareness of the local environment, and future trends. Ability to grow a strong staff team and mobilize volunteers as part of that team. Administer the fiscal policies and monitor financial performance through budget and management oversight. Oversee all human resource functions of Dream Center Office.
- Marketing and Public Relations: Executive Director will be responsible for planning, development and implementation of all Marketing and be active in all Public Relations activities for Dream Center with high visibility.
- Community Vision, Partnerships and Engagement: Provide visionary leadership and engagement throughout the area. Assess the needs of the market that Dream Center serves, its vision and how to mobilize partners behind that vision. Identify, translate and inspire those with a shared vision of Dream Center. Represent Dream Center throughout the area, including the business community, government and other nonprofits. Directing strategic positioning and integration of Dream Center with the public will be critical to the role.
- Program Planning and Management: Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization's programs and services. Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization's mission and reflect the priorities of the Board. Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality. Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects
Job Specifications Requirements
- A proven visionary and dynamic leader who is creative, strategic, resourceful and has strong organizational and planning skills.
- An engaged leader committed to Dream Center Mission and having a proven track record of impressive success in philanthropy and or a non-profit organization.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in program management, personnel supervision, public relations, budgeting, fundraising, financial management, nonprofit experience and sustainability.
- Marketing background and experience in a nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and build consensus within and among members, collaborative partners, board, and staff.
- A knowledge and understanding of the needs of the community.
- Strong fundraising and community engagement experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and expertise in group presentations. Having experience cultivating, soliciting and building relationships with corporations, foundations, business and individuals is required.
- Prior experience in proposal development is preferred.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Conditions of Employment:
- Pass a Department of Motor Vehicles background check and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Position will require travel and use of personal vehicle.
- Possess proof of automobile insurance with a minimum liability limit of $100,000.
- Criminal background check must show no conviction of a felony or misdemeanor crime including, but not limited to abuse, drugs or alcohol, neglect, theft or fraud.
BA/BS in Education, Business or Business Management, Non Profit Management or related degree and/or related work and volunteer experience. Experience with Dream Center’s programming is strongly preferred.
for more information, go to http://www.dreamcenterevansville.org/
Any interested candidates email resume or inquiries to John Siebert at; email@example.com
Director of Daycare - New Life General Baptist Church (Formerly Terrace Park Church)
The church has built a daycare facility but has not yet begun operations. They are immediately looking to OCU to provide an alumnus to fill the role of director of daycare to jumpstart the program and make it an ongoing success. This is a ground-level opportunity that will be perfect for a former student with motivation, leadership skills, and creative planning. Experience is not necessary.
Requirements: Degree in elementary education and/or early childhood education
To apply: Applicants may call Pastor Jeff Harford (812) 708-0634 and are encouraged to professionally state your interest in the position.
The Church’s phone number is (812) 476-4849 for your consideration, if for some reason Pastor Harford is unable to get back with you.