The Oakland City University Bookstore carries a wide selection of OCU tee-shirts, sweatshirts, and hats, as well as gear items such as mugs, pens, pennants, and lanyards. The OCU Bookstore carries gift items, fashion accessories, supplies, bags, trade books, snacks, drinks, greeting cards, postage stamps, balloons, and offers UPS service as well. The OCU Bookstore is located in the Student Life Center on the corner of Sherman and Lucretia Street. For questions or to place orders over the phone, call the OCU Bookstore at 812-749-1403.
Commencement ceremonies are the first Saturday in May. See Academic Affairs and the Registrar for more information concerning graduation application deadlines, eligibility, requirements, and other graduation information whether or not you plan to walk in the ceremony.
All students who participate in the Commencement Program are required to wear academic caps, tassels, and gowns. Graduation apparel is ordered through Herff Jones. The deadline for ordering without expedited shipping and late fees is in early April. Announcement orders should be placed by April 1st to ensure a timely delivery.
Visit the physical OCU Bookstore located in the Student Life Center for extra tassels, stoles of gratitude, graduation frames, and other souvenir items.
Textbooks are available through the Bookstore’s page on the OCU website, www.oak.edu.
The Virtual Bookstore for an upcoming semester is available at least 4 weeks before the start of the spring and summer semesters. The fall semester Virtual Bookstore is available before the end of the spring semester.
To purchase textbooks:
All students are encouraged to order textbooks at least 4 weeks before the start of class.
1. Students using a credit card to purchase books may skip step one and proceed to step two.
A student who has a credit on his or her account at the Business Office may wish to use this credit to charge textbooks. The Business Office phone number is 812-749-1382.
- Main Campus students need to visit the Business Office in the Murray Center on the first three days of class to set up a voucher.
- Online and AEL students need to call the Business Office for textbook charging instructions.
2. Your official class schedule can be printed from the Student Portal.
- Current Student
- Student Portal
3. Go to the University’s website and shop.
- Bookstore (on left)
- Buy Textbooks—You’ll have up to four choices:
- Buy new
- Buy used
- Students who are living in a dorm may choose to have the books delivered to the OCU Mailroom. Commuters and students who order in the summer should choose to have books delivered to a home address.
If you have questions or need help, stop by the Bookstore to use one of the bookstore computers or use the contact information below to contact bookstore staff. We would be glad to help.
Location: Student Life Center corner of Sherman and Lucretia Street
Regular Hours: Monday-Friday 9 AM to 3PM
Manager: Emily Eberhardt
Virtual Bookstore Customer Service Team: 877-284-6744
Be sure to stop in the store for snacks, clothes, and other OCU merchandise.