The Oakland City University Bookstore carries a wide selection of OCU tee-shirts, sweatshirts, and hats, as well as gear items such as mugs, pens, pennants, and lanyards. The OCU Bookstore carries gift items, fashion accessories, supplies, bags, trade books, snacks, drinks, greeting cards, postage stamps, balloons, and offers UPS service as well. The OCU Bookstore is located in the Student Life Center on the corner of Sherman and Lucretia Street. For questions or to place orders over the phone, call the OCU Bookstore at 812-749-1403.
Commencement ceremonies are the first Saturday in May. See Academic Affairs and the Registrar for more information concerning graduation application deadlines, eligibility, requirements, and other graduation information whether or not you plan to walk in the ceremony.
All students who participate in the Commencement Program are required to wear academic caps, tassels, and gowns. Graduation apparel is ordered through Jostens. The deadline for ordering is March 25th, 2016 for graduates and March 29th, 2016 for undergraduates. Students will have the option of shipping to home or shipping to the OCU Bookstore. Orders shipped to the OCU bookstore will be available for purchase and pickup April 25th for undergraduates and May 3rd for graduates.
Students who borrow a cap and gown will need to make sure the items are black, in good condition, and are the appropriate style for the degree. Tassels may be purchased at the OCU Bookstore after April 25 or call 812-749-1403 to order over the phone.
Announcement orders can be placed at any time but should be placed by March 18 to ensure timely delivery.
Visit the physical OCU Bookstore located in the Student Life Center for extra tassels, stoles of gratitude, graduation frames, and other souvenir items.
Textbooks are available through the Bookstore’s page on the OCU website, www.oak.edu.
The Virtual Bookstore for an upcoming semester is available at least 4 weeks before the start of the spring and summer semesters. The fall semester Virtual Bookstore is available before the end of the spring semester.
To purchase textbooks:
All students are encouraged to order textbooks at least 4 weeks before the start of class.
1. Students using a credit card to purchase books may skip step one and proceed to step two.
A student who has a credit on his or her account at the Business Office may wish to use this credit to charge textbooks. The Business Office phone number is 812-749-1382.
- Main Campus students need to visit the Business Office in the Murray Center on the first three days of class to set up a voucher.
- Online and AEL students need to call the Business Office for textbook charging instructions.
- Your username will be your entire student ID. Your password will be the last five digits of your student ID.
2. Take your official class schedule and method of payment to a computer. (You can print your schedule from the Student Portal: www.oak.edu > Current Student > Student Portal)
3. Go to the Bookstore page of the University’s website to shop.
- Bookstore (on left)
- Online Bookstore (button)
- Order Textbooks (button)
- Select the semester
- Select your classes & view your textbooks.
You’ll have up to four options:
- Buy new
- Buy used
- Students who live in a dorm may choose to have the books delivered to the OCU Mailroom. Commuters and students who order in the summer should choose to have books delivered to a home address.
If you have questions or need help, stop by the Bookstore or use the contact information below to give us a call or send us an email. We would be glad to help.
Sping 2016 Book Buyback will be from May 4th-20th. Students wishing to sell their books back should visit: http://oakland.ecampus.com/ eCampus is offering free shipping on all buybacks and rentals during that time.
Step 1: Go to the OCU Bookstore website at http://oakland.ecampus.com
Step 2: Logon to your account and “Return your rentals”
Step 3: Print your packing list and shipping label
Step 4: Box up your books with packing list. Drop off your box at the OCU Bookstore or any UPS pick-up location
Location: Student Life Center corner of Sherman and Lucretia Street
Regular Hours: Monday-Friday 9 AM to 3PM
Manager: Emily Eberhardt
Virtual Bookstore Customer Service Team: 877-284-6744
Be sure to stop in the store for snacks, clothes, and other OCU merchandise.