Master of Science - Building Level Administration
The Master of Science (M.S. ED) Building-Level Administrator program is designed for the teacher wishing to continue their professional education. The Building Level Administrator license program is designed for applicants who have completed a baccalaureate degree in a teaching field, who are seeking advanced study and administrative licensure. It is designed to be an induction model for new principals and a continuing professional education model for experienced educators who seek additional knowledge, dispositions, and performances outside their content area.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a grade point average of 2.75 or better (based on a 4.0 grading system)
- Two (2) character references from persons able to attest to the applicant’s suitability as a prospective graduate student
- Copy of valid teaching license
- A letter of recommendation from applicant’s building principal or superintendent including documentation/description of a record of a minimum of two (2) years of successful teaching in education
- Current resume reflecting work experience, educational background, professional experience, professional activities, community service and other relevant information relating to the applicant’s leadership background
- Official transcript from all undergraduate and graduate institutions of study
- Completed application and application fee
- Writing sample is evaluated on the following criteria: Content, Reflection, Organization, Citations, and Professionalism. Sample specifics APA format: 1 ½ - 2 pages, double spaced, 12 point font, and 1” margins.
Return the completed portfolio to:
Dr. Nancy Miller, Director, School of Education Graduate Studies, Oakland City University, 138 N Lucretia, Oakland City, IN 47660
To obtain State of Indiana – Building Level Administration License:
- Hold a Proficient Practitioner or Accomplished Practitioner license.
- Pass the School Leaders Licensure Assessment test. Go to http://www.in.nesinc.com/ for more information.
- Complete an approved program in Building Level Administration.
- Complete the required CPR/AED/Heimlich training
- Suicide Prevention Training Certificate.
M.S. – Building Level Administration Program of Study (33 credit hours)
Summer I Fall I (Saturdays) Spring I (Saturdays)
Week 1 Week 2 AM 8-12 PM 1-5 AM 8-12 PM 1-5
EDUC 576 EDUC 553 * EDUC 612 EDUC 678 EDUC 695 EDUC 630
EDUC 610 EDUC 685 EDUC 698 Hybrid-16 weeks * EDUC 699 Hybrid-16 weeks*
* Key Assessment Course
Institutional Research Board and Policies
Please review all policies and procedures and apply to the IRB for the necessary approval of all research activities involving human and animal subjects. IRB Link: http://intranet.oak.edu/about-ocu/institutional-research-policies.php