Building Level Administration Certificate
Building Level Administration Licensure Only is designed for potential candidates who have completed a traditional master’s degree in a teaching field, who are seeking advanced study and administrative licensure. It is designed to be an induction model for new principals and a continuing professional education model for experienced educators who seek additional knowledge, dispositions, and performances outside their content area. Potential candidates are expected to have a background in research in their Master’s program. Transcripts will be evaluated to determine admission.
- A bachelor’s and Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a grade point average of 2.75 or better (based on a 4.0 grading system)
- Copy of valid teaching license
- A letter of recommendation from applicant’s building principal or superintendent including documentation/description of a record of a minimum of two (2) years of successful teaching in education
- Current resume reflecting work experience, educational background, professional experience, professional activities, community service and other relevant information relating to the applicant’s leadership background
- Official transcript from all undergraduate and graduate institutions of study
- Completed non-degree application and application fee*
*Submit a $35.00 non-refundable application fee with application portfolio. Make the check or money order payable to Oakland City University or call the Business Office at 812-749-1382 for debit/credit card payments.
Return the completed portfolio to:
Dr. Nancy Miller, Director, School of Education Graduate Studies, Oakland City University, 138 N Lucretia, Oakland City, IN 47660
To obtain State of Indiana – Building Level Administration License:
- Hold a Proficient Practitioner or Accomplished Practitioner license.
- Pass the School Leaders Licensure Assessment test. Go to http://www.in.nesinc.com/ for more information.
- Complete an approved program in Building Level Administration.
- Complete the required CPR/AED/Heimlich training
- Suicide Prevention Training Certificate.
- Completed application and application fee of $35
- Completed Concentration Declaration
- Current Resume
- Copy of Teaching License
- Documentation of two (2) years of successful teaching (Letter from Principal or evaluation)
- Transcripts for all colleges attended
- Principal’s Letter of Recommendation (in addition to 2 Character References)
BLA Licensure Only Program of Study (18 Hours)
Summer Fall (6 Saturdays) Spring (6 Saturdays)
Week 2 1-5 PM AM 8-12
EDUC 553* EDUC 678 EDUC 695
(8-12) EDUC 698 * Hybrid - 16 weeks EDUC 699* Hybrid - 16 weeks
* Key Assessment Course