The overriding responsibility of the Office of Institutional Assessment is to support the university in its enhancement of intellectual, spiritual, physical and social development of all students through a variety of assessment activities.
The Office of Institutional Assessment designs, plans, and implements the University’s assessment program which covers placement testing, course evaluations, program evaluations, capstone testing, and graduate surveys. Periodic refinement of stated goals and objectives as well as processes and assessment mechanisms is conducted to promote the highest quality and most current practices available.
Annual activities include:
- Program Evaluations
- Graduate and Alumni Surveys
- Graduate Program Assessment Evidence
- Employer Surveys
- Student Satisfaction Surveys
- Undergraduate Program Assessment Evidence
Semester activities include:
- Course Evaluations
- Senior Capstone Testing in the Discipline
- Senior Capstone Testing of General Education
- Student Performance on General Education Outcomes
- Placement Testing
- EDS Needs Assessment
- Analysis of State Licensure Exams
- RISE Data Analysis
- Title II Report - 2012
- OCU Pass Rate Data - Traditional Programs 2012
- OCU Pass Rate Data - Alternative Programs 2012
The office also supports accreditation and strategic planning activities.