Emergency Notification System
Oakland City University uses the Nixle Emergency Notification System to contact staff, students, and members of the community about upcoming events, class cancelations, and on-campus emergencies.
|Receive community information instantly! Sign up at Nixle.com today! It's quick, easy and secure.|
To Register for Nixle:
- Go to www.nixle.com or use the link above.
- Click “Sign Up Now!”
- Create an account by choosing a User Name and Password
- Enter an e-mail address and cell phone number where you would like to receive messages
- Enter your address (or a nearby intersection)
- Click “Sign Me Up”
To Customize Your Settings:
- Log in at www.nixle.com
- Click “Locations”
- Click “Add New” to add addresses in your town or around the country. Do your relatives live out of the area? Keep track of what’s happening near your loved ones and the places you work, live, or visit.
- Click “Settings”
- Select a location from the left-hand menu and subscribe to receive messages from each agency by checking the “Subscribe” option. Adjust which messages by priority level are sent to your e-mail and/or cell phone. Please note: you must opt-in to receive messages from your local community groups.
If you have problems with your Nixle account you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and your question will be answered within 24 hours.
View the Latest Alerts
You can view the latest alerts on Twitter by following @ocu47660