Skip Navigation

Consumer Information

General Institution Information

Oakland City University is authorized by name by the State of Indiana. Complaints may be filed with the Indiana Commission of Higher Education.

Religious Studies courses are approved to be offered on-site by the State of Kentucky. Additional State Authorization information is available by clicking here. Oakland City University is approved to provide distance education through online and correspondence delivery systems for a limited number of its programs in some additional states. Please contact an Admissions counselor for additional information regarding the current distance education offerings for the state in which you reside.

Oakland City University is required by the Higher Education Act to provide institution specific information to current and prospective students. This information may be found on our website or as printed materials which are available upon request from the appropriate department. This site serves to update the Student Right to Know information and provide resources for all members of the OCU community including: students, prospective students, and employees.

If you have trouble locating specific information, please contact the Office for Campus Life. The Office for Campus Life will also be able to assist with further information concerning campus safety, fire inspection, or our facilities. Information contained within University reports and records will be disclosed upon receipt of a written request as allowed within the Higher Education Act amendments and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Alcohol and Drug Policies

Oakland City University is committed to providing an alcohol and drug free learning environment. Campus policies have been established which are consistent with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments and General Baptist principles. These policies may be found in the Student Handbook or the Employee Handbook on the University website.

Significant psychological and physiological health risks are associated with the use of illicit drugs and alcohol. Individuals who violate Federal, State or Local laws and campus policies are subject to University Disciplinary action as provided in the Student/Employee Handbook and criminal prosecution. A description of alcohol and drug categories, their effects, symptoms of overdose and indications of misuse may be found at the Drug Enforcement Administration of the U.S. Department of Justice website.

The Biennial Review of the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act is completed by the OCU Health and Wellness Committee. The most recent version is available upon written request in the Office for Campus Life.

Athletic Program: Participation Rates, Financial Support Data and Graduation Rates

The University provides an annual report to the Department of Education regarding the athletic program. The information includes: participation by gender, staffing by gender and athletic revenues and expenses. This report is available at Athletic Graduation rates are included within the Institutional Research section of the OCU website. A paper copy is available by contacting the Athletic Department at (812)749-1264.

Campus Safety

Emergency procedures and contact information may be accessed on the Campus Safety section of the website.

The current Annual Security Report is a combination of the Annual Security Report and the Fire Safety Report and may be accessed from the Campus Safety site or directly accessed on the campus reporting page. University’s statistics for reported crimes and fires that occurred on campus for the previous three years and University safety related policies including the missing person and timely warning polices are included in the Annual Security report.

Emergency Notification System

NixleOakland City University currently uses Nixle as its emergency notification system. Additional information and directions to sign up for notifications are available at

Facilities and Services Available to Students with Disabilities

disabilitiesOakland City University actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act which protects qualified individuals with disabilities from discrimination. Oakland City University will work with students and other associates to provide reasonable accommodations as provided in the Act. If a student or another associate believes he/she needs academic accommodations or otherwise has a concern or issue regarding the ADA, they should notify the Section 504 Coordinator. Contact information for the Section 504 Coordinator may be obtained from the Office for Academic Affairs. Questions regarding facilities may be directed to the Office for Campus Life or the APC for the appropriate facility. Additional information regarding services available to students may be found at  Employees should contact the Human Resources Office (812)749-1408 to request a reasonable accommodation.

Family Education Rights and Privacy Act

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of student records. Only information defined as “Directory Information” may be released without the express written permission of the student except for a few exceptions designated within FERPA. Further information regarding the disclosure of educational records consistent with FERPA, OCU policies, and procedures is available in the Student Handbook.

Directory information, as designated by OCU, includes:

  • Student’s name
  • Participation in officially recognized activities and sports
  • Address
  • Telephone listing
  • Weight and height of members of athletic teams
  • Electronic mail address
  • Photograph
  • Degrees, honors, and awards
  • Date and place of birth
  • Major field of study
  • Dates of attendance
  • Grade level
  • The most recent educational agency or institution attended
  • Student Identification Number

If you wish to grant access to your student records (academic and financial) please submit the FERPA Release Form to the Academic Affairs Office.

If you wish to place a hold on your “Directory Information” please contact the Academic Affairs Office and provide a written request to have your directory information held.  

Financial Statements/Accounts

Financial Aid

The Main Campus Business Office located in the Murray Center receives payment on accounts, disburses checks, and processes tax forms. The Student Accounts Office processes payment plans and Perkins loans after the Financial Aid Office determines eligibility.

After the final registration date for each academic term, statements are sent to all persons with a balance due. After the first billing, statements are sent on the first and the fifteenth of each month to all who owe monies for the remainder of the semester. Refunds or changes in registration must be supported by authorization from the Registrar or Financial Aid Office. Account discrepancies reported to the Business Office will be verified. Annual audit procedures will verify the system information.

Refunds - Traditional Calendar Programs - Main Campus and Online (Undergraduate/Graduate)

If courses are dropped after the first day of the semester, refunds of tuition and fees are as follows:

During the first week       75 percent is refunded

During the second week 50 percent is refunded

After the second week      0 percent is refunded

Refunds - AEL Programs (Undergraduate/Graduate) and Alternative Calendar Online Programs

If courses are dropped or a student withdraws after the first day of the course, refunds of tuition and fees are as follows:

During the first week      50 percent is refunded

After the first week           0 percent is refunded

Financial Aid

OCU Student Financial Aid information is available at Information includes:

Programs: Undergraduate

Information regarding undergraduate programs at OCU is available at the locations listed below. This information includes: academic programs, faculty, physical facilities, retention, and graduation rates.

Programs: Graduate

Information regarding graduate programs at OCU is available at the locations listed below. This information includes: academic programs, faculty, physical facilities, retention, and graduation rates.


State Authorization and Contact Information for Filing of Complaints

Oakland City University is regulated by state regulatory bodies across the country for filing complaints in the state that a student resides. If a student or prospective student chooses to file a complaint, he or she can submit an internal complaint to the University’s Office of Compliance or file an external complaint with the designated state regulatory agency. The following is a list of the contact information for the state regulatory bodies of the states in which Oakland City University is authorized or is approved to provide distance education.


Alabama Commission on Higher Education
P.O. Box 302000
Montgomery, AL 36130-2000


Indiana Commission on Proprietary Education
Attn: Director of Regulatory Compliance
302 West Washington Street, Room E201
Indianapolis, IN 46204


Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Drive #320
Frankfort, KY 40601-7512
Kentucky Board of Proprietary Education
911 Leawood Drive
Frankfort, KY 40601-3319

Forms  |  Site Map  |  Terms of Use  |  Privacy Policy